Properties for sale in Polokwane
About ERA Polokwane
The capital of the Northern Province is Polokwane or "the protected place" and was called Pietersburg until soon after the government changed in 1994. Its African name Polokwane refers to the slight hollow in the open grassland where the town in built.
This bustling administrative centre was established by the Boer general Pieter Joubert in 1886 on the farm Sterkloop. Today Polokwane is a major staging post on the Great North Road and for the more scenic routes that lead over the Magoebaskloof to the Kruger National Park. For the traveller Polokwane has everything - garages, several chain restaurants, shops and banks.